All you need to know about Canadian Immigration with a pet. Immigration resource by IME Clinic in Vancouver, Surrey, New Westminster & more.
If you’re planning or in the process of Canadian immigration and will bring along your pet with you, there are some important steps you should follow to ensure a smooth process:
- Check the eligibility of your pet: Not all pets are eligible for import to Canada. You should check with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) to see if your pet is eligible.
- Get a veterinary certificate: You will need a veterinary certificate to prove that your pet is healthy and up-to-date on all necessary vaccinations.
- Check quarantine requirements: Some pets may be subject to quarantine upon arrival in Canada. You should check with the CFIA to see if your pet is subject to quarantine.
- Choose a pet-friendly airline: Make sure to choose an airline that allows pets and that has pet-friendly policies.
- Prepare for arrival: Make sure to have all necessary documentation for your pet, including their veterinary certificate and any other required paperwork. You should also make arrangements for your pet’s transportation to your final destination in Canada.
It’s important to note that immigration requirements can change from time to time, so it’s always a good idea to check the CFIA website for the most up-to-date information. Additionally, it’s recommended to seek the assistance of a professional immigration consultant for specific guidance on Canadian immigration with a pet.
Thank you for reading our blog article on Canadian Immigration with pets. We hope you found this article informative. Please check our resources page to find more informative blog articles.